Safepack VCI Masterbatch is a Nitrite-Free anti-corrosion masterbatch designed for both ferrous and most non-ferrous metals. The VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) additives in “SP-VCIMB-2001” are partly based on chemicals with enough energy (vapor pressure) to release the active anticorrosion molecules from the film and out in the environmental air to protect the metal packed from corrosion.
- Combination of contact and volatile vapor anti-corrosion additives to represent an efficient corrosion inhibition system for the protection of metals
- Combines properties of PE resin and VCI chemicals
- Provides protection during storage and transportation
- VCI Masterbatch/corrosion inhibitor masterbatch is useful at delay & stops corrosion/rusting
- Transparent film provides see-through benefits for packed product
- Suitable for various plastic processes like monolayer/multilayer blown film extrusion, cast film extrusion, and extrusion coating
- Volatile/vapor corrosion inhibitor masterbatch provides economical and fast protection
- SP-VCIMB-2001” is blended with polyethylene resin (LDPE/ LLDPE/ HDPE) with a concentration of 6-9% by weight depending on the thickness of the film or application and requested shelf life.
- The length of protection anticipated by film containing VCIMB is 2 years when extruded with ideal processing guidelines.
- We recommend that an evaluation is made in every single case to confirm that the anticorrosion effect is fulfilling the demands.
- It is also recommended to conduct field tests before regular production.